Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day Three - Yummy Chicken Salad!!

When I started this big weight loss mission, I immediately began scanning Target and Costco for new and exciting healthy cookbooks. I found two I liked at Fifth Avenue Books, while Danny was across the street shopping for bicycle parts. My favorite of the two so far is called Hungry Girl: 200 under 200 by Lisa Lillien. The cookbook is just that, 200 recipes under 200 calories. The author has really awesome snack ideas and some very tasty sounding desserts, too.



This afternoon, for lunch, I made her Sweet 'n Chunky Chicken Salad and it was soooooooo good. I paired it with those Oroweat Sandwich Thins from Costco. They are only 100 calories, for both pieces of bread! I also had some lime yogurt with Cool Whip Free on top for dessert. I felt so decadent! If you'd like the recipe, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment